Monday, October 11, 2010

Disney World!

OK, this is probably going to be a tad long. Like I had said we took a ton of pictures! I grew up going to Disneyland and I was excited to get to finally go to Disney World. It was the first time for both of us (Stella & I)! Mario, of course, had been there before but it had been quite a while since he had been to the Magic Kingdom park.  It was similar but different compared to Disneyland. I can't wait to check out the other parks sometime down the road.  It is a HUGE area that encompasses Disney, Universal, Sea World & a few others.  We're talking probably 7-8 exits off the Freeway. Disney World was all decorated for Fall/Halloween. Of course they do everything over the top and it was beautiful and SO colorful. 
You have to take the tram then monorail to get to the parks.  Stella didn't seem to excited until we walked into the park.  Her eyes lit up and were as big as saucers. She was just looking all around at everything. It was so cute.
The longest line we waited in all day was for the Fairies.  There was no way we were going to miss that though so we waited in the hour long line.  Luckily since it was a weekday in off season there wasn't much of a wait for anything.  I think the most we waited for a ride was 15 min and some had no wait at all. 
The second we walked into "Pixie Hollow" Stella tried to run up to Tinky.  Mario had to stop her and she was yelling, "Tinky, Tinky" across the room! Although when we got up to talk to her I explained to Tinkerbell that Stella called her "Tinky".  She told me that she preferred Tink or Tinker. Oh, oops. OK, Sorry Tinky. :)
After the Fairies we visited Mickey and Minnie's houses.
It's a Small World & the Teacups were closed temporarily so we missed those. Stunk because those were two I was looking forward to. The Teacups was always my sisters favorite.  It's OK though, I think we did more then enough rides for her. We went on about 4 or 5.  She enjoyed looking at everything more.  I think her favorite rides were Aladdin's carpet ride and the Winnie the Pooh ride. We saw a parade and a show and she LOVED those!
I have some great video of them dancing I may post later. SO cute!
Aladdin's Carpet Ride!




Stella was really good all day.  We kept seeing kids crying and screaming and she didn't have a meltdown once.  All in all it was a GREAT day! Very special & so many great memories.  She's still talking about it. :)
We took the rest of the time just relaxing.  I'll finish up the trip soon but right now I need to corral the toddler and catch up around here!

No comments: