Sunday, October 10, 2010

Daytona Beach!

This was the view from our balcony! Ahhhh!











I didn't really know what to expect from Daytona Beach. I of course knew that it was popular for spring break and the races but other then that I wasn't sure. It was beautiful.  We got off the freeway a few hours before Daytona at St Augustine and took A1A up the coast.  It was a pretty drive and even though it took about 2 hours longer it was worth it.  It usually is about 4 hours from here to Daytona but it took us about 6 going the longer way.  I want to thank Mario's mom and step-dad for letting us use the time share.  They weren't able to use the whole week so they graciously gave us the 2nd half.  The view was beautiful and right on the beach.  At night we would sit out on the patio and listen to the waves.  Stella is such a beach baby.  If we are inside she says, "Mama...I wanna go beach, I wanna go poo! (Pool)" :)
She loves chasing birds, playing in the sand or just running around. The first day we took a long walk, built a "sandcastle", ate dinner in and crashed early. 

We had planned on driving over to Orlando to check out the area but right before we left Mario threw out the idea of Disney.  So he told me we would have to choose. Duh! That's an easy one! We've been thinking about a Disney trip off and on for the last few months and this just seemed to be the perfect opportunity.  We were only 45-60 min away from Orlando.  Aubrey couldn't make this trip because it was in the middle of the week so we wouldn't have to juggle teen vs toddler rides etc and could just enjoy Stella's first Disney experience.  Aubrey gets pretty annoyed doing "little kid" stuff and Stella loses her patience doing "big kid" stuff.  Sometimes it gets tiring trying to juggle.  We are still talking about doing a family trip but it would be longer and multiple parks.  So we called the Disney Vacation Line the night before to get our Florida resident tickets.  I didn't think I was going to be able to sleep I was so excited...I love the memories I have of Disneyland from when I was a kid.  Mario said it was like going with two 2 year olds!  Part 2/Disney World pics to come!

No comments: