Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Camping Take 2

 She's very serious about sand castle building!
 She brought her friend Bella a present and was so excited for days before to give it to her.



 Dirty, dirty, dirty.
 We wiped them out every day.
 Seriously, must you lie in the dirt? By the end of the trip I had enough dirt to last me a year.

 SO cute! She's a bird!



 Catching fishies.
 A little down time on the beach.






 Mario and Bret were taking everything down the morning we were leaving and he had told Aubrey a bunch of times to get up and bring their stuff out of the tent. Finally they just picked up the poles and collapsed the tent. We were wishing we had got it on video. It was quite funny.
 Really, have you ever seen dirtier shoes? Does she look like she minds? Nope, not at all.

Aubrey and her friend Mariah.

So I think it's safe to say camping is not my "thing".  Our trip last year was quite eventful so I thought maybe this time it would grow on me more if there were no hurricane or collapsing tents in the middle of the night. Nope. The funny thing is that we went camping every summer when I was growing up. It's a lot of work for a "vacation" and I don't think I have felt dirtier in my entire life, even after taking a warm shower. The second night we had a raccoon try to scale our tent. I kid you not. Now Stella, she had an absolute blast. I think Aubrey had fun too although we didn't see her and her friend all that much as they tried to stay as far away from us at all times. Well, except when we pulled out the s'mores. It was really beautiful though and is the island we got married on. It was nice to visit with our friends also and the kids had so much fun getting dirty, playing and hanging at the beach. It's safe to say Momma prefers a nice clean pool, hotel room or boat and she's as happy as a clam...and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that fact. :)

No comments: