Thursday, March 3, 2011

Baby you're amazing :)


Every night, as I'm tucking Stella in and leaving her room I say to her, "Good night Baby, Sleep good, Sleep tight, Sweet Dreams, I love you".
In the morning she calls to me, "Mama", Maaaaama"! I go pick her up, she drinks her milk and we cuddle in our bed as Mario is getting ready for work.  I love this time with her. She is mellow, affectionate, sweet & has yet to charge her battery up for the day.  I will always remember and cherish this time we have together.  It will always be special to me and it is probably my favorite part of the day.  I know soon enough it will be a rush to get ready for school and get out the door so I am drinking it in and enjoying it while we can have it. 
Yesterday when I went in to get her the first thing she said to me was "I wanna sleep tight in Mama's bed"! I think it is a special time for her too...

These are the moments I want to remember.  I know as she gets older I will wish for these moments back, even for a minute. I would give anything to feel her little arms around my neck hugging me oh so tightly.  I savor them, try to embed them in my head to always keep close to my heart.  I think sometimes about how there is no way anyone else can love their child this much. That no one can possibly understand. Other people of course must love their babies but not quite like this.  My heart that would hang the moon for this precious little girl. I know this is not true, I know most Moms love their children with this voracity and passion. I also know, some don't.  That, I will never understand. There are also some Moms that lose children or struggle with health issues.  My heart breaks for them. Carpe Diem, seize the day.  This doesn't mean you have to go out and do something big today. Enjoy every moment. When your patience is wearing thin or you have averted another disaster which would probably entail mopping or had to say no for the 12,000th time, think of 10 or 20 years down the road when you will wish for a beautiful little face to be tugging at your pant leg. I want to savor every precious moment because it is a gift. The best gift you can be given and I am so thankful for that.

Last night I was holding Stella, loving on her as I do every night for a bit after her books and before I lay her down, Mario came in to say goodnight. When she saw him walking through her door she outstretched her hand to him and brought him in to our hug.  As we stood there all hugging, with her head on my shoulder she said in the softest, sweetest voice, "I lub (love) you guys", followed by, "I love you Dada, I love you Mama, I love you guys".  Followed by a kiss for each of us. These are the moments.
I am a lucky lucky Mama.

Gotta go avert another disaster.  Stella has brought her potty chair/stool from the bathroom to the kitchen pantry and is trying to reach the chips. Carpe Diem. Sieze the day.


Please keep the Rudkin family in your thoughts, hearts & prayers.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Love you, I agree and do the same thing. I try to soak it all in as much as I can, knowing that timing is flying by. Last night during the car commercial where the dad see's his teen daughter as a little girl I started balling to Craig. I want time to stop so I can just sit and stare at Reece. Love the pic of Stella with her hair down, I think her and Reece look so much alike. Give her a kiss from me. Skype date tomorrow...