Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baker Stella & her Banana Bread


Yum! Juuuust right!
Well fall is quickly approaching, in some areas more so then others. :) Here, it's still 85 degrees. But that's beside the point. Fall is approaching and for me at least that makes me want to cook soup/stew and BAKE!!! This morning Stella and I made Banana Bread. Yum! Almost as good as Zucchini Bread which is my fave. Chef Stella did quite a good job! Minus a few egg shells and the batter that is now splattered on the ceiling. Mario called and needed me to fax something for him real quick and she was supposed to be stirring. I look up at the little munchkin and she stuck her finger right in the bowl, which at the time only had sugar and butter in it. She pulls it out sticks it in her mouth, looks right at me and says..."Yum!"
She is such a comedian. Mario had football on last Sunday. Stella has decided that she likes "feet ball". Monday morning when I went in to get her from her crib the first thing she says to me is..."Feetball Mommy, watch Feetball"! Huh??? Mommy herself hates "feetball", guess she's just going to have to be satisfied with Tinkerbell. :)
So anyways, back to cooking. I am really excited to make this again,
I made it for Thanksgiving last year and it was SO good. Seriously, it takes a little while with the layers and having to let them set but it is SO worth it!!!
Here's the recipe for the Banana Bread Stella and I made this morning:
Stella's Banana Bread
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Butter, melted
1 Cup White Sugar
2 eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup chopped Walnuts
2 medium Bananas, sliced
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Grease 9x5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in sour cream, walnuts, and bananas. Spread evenly into pan.
3. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
Enjoy!!!


No comments: