Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's for dinner???

Caribbean Jerk Grouper

Recipe courtesy The Sea Shack, Hilton Head SC

Prep: 15 min
Inactive prep: 2 hours
Cook time: 5 min
Servings: 4

Ingredients
2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
2 cups soy sauce
4 grouper fillets

Directions
In large bowl, mix the jerk seasoning, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, orange juice and soy sauce. Place fillets in marinade, then cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
Preheat heavy skillet over med-high heat. Remove grouper from marinade and cook 5 min, until fish is opaque throughout, turning grouper every minute. Serve.

Disclaimer: I also added a little pineapple juice to marinade, along with pineapple chunks. I read you may want to tone down the soy and only use 1 cup. Which is what I did. After I cooked the fish I took it out and added baby scallops and shrimp to the sauce and cooked those. Then served the sauce in a bowl on the side to pour over fish, shrimp, scallops and rice. YUM!!!
I'm serving with brown rice and broccoli. The veggie doesn't exactly "go" but it's what I wanted to use tonight. I'm sure everyone knows how I like to try different things and mix it up a bit, sooo enjoy!

No comments: