Thursday, November 18, 2010

Salmon with Mustard and Brown Sugar Glaze

image via www.ifood.tv
Salmon with Mustard and Brown Sugar Glaze

Ingredients:
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1 2 pound center cut skinless salmon fillet
1/3 cup spicy brown mustard
1/4 cup (packed) brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350.
Boil wine, butter, and Old Bay seasoning in small suacepan 3 minutes.  Sprinkle salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.  Place fish on heavy rimmed baking sheet.  Pour wine mixture over.  Bake until fish is opaque in center, about 14 minutes. Remove from over.
Preheat broiler.
Mix mustard and sugar in small bowl to blend; spread over salmon to cover.  Broil salmon until topping is brown and bubbling, about 3 minutes.  Transfer salmon to platter and serve.

So I made some modifications to this, but it had a great flavor.

So I was fresh out of spicy mustard so I just substituted regular mustard and it was still really good.  Fyi.  I also didn't have Old Bay seasoning so I used a little Lawry's and some paprika instead.  I added fresh chopped garlic to the wine/butter mixture.  I just used a casserole dish instead of the baking sheet.  The other change I made was in broiling.  We (ok well mostly me) LOVE sauces.  I am the sauce queen.  So I heated the mustard/brown sugar mixture in a pan and after the salmon was cooked I just did a few minutes on each side in the sauce.  Then topped with remaining on plate. Yum! It was really good.  If you are looking for another way to do salmon try this, the flavors are really good with the fish.

No comments: