Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tangy Pork Chops

 I made these Monday. Then this morning I gave Mario the option of a few different things for dinner.  He requested the pork chops again. My husband is a carnivore. He has to have some sort of meat with every meal or he will be feigning hunger again in 20 minutes. I am a rabbit. I love salads and pretty much lived on them before. Seriously I would probably have meat once every few weeks, if that. I've had to learn to cook meats and come up with recipes that I like too.  We are still compromising on things like brown vs white rice and regular vs wheat pasta but he's pretty open minded and for the most part agreeable.  Although you can see on this dish he won out on the rice portion. These are boneless and I use the crock pot. I leave them in around 8 hours on low. I also triple (yes triple) the sauce as I take about a cup or so out and heat it to have on the side to drizzle on rice and pork chops.  The remainder marinates the chops in the crock pot! :) 


Tangy Pork Chops

Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
6 Pork Chops

Directions:
1.  Preheat Oven to 350 degrees (I use crock pot)
2.  In bowl, thoroughly blend all ingredients except pork chops
3.  Place pork chops in baking dish and cover with 1/2 the sauce
4. Bake pork chops 30 minutes.  Turn, and spread with remaining sauce.  Continue baking 30 minutes or until done.


No comments: