Monday, January 19, 2009

Ready for summer...

Well, we have had a cold snap here lately although not as bad as we keep seeing elsewhere around the US. I sure have been hibernating though. It did get down to the teens last week but it warms up to high 50's or so during the day. It's been a mild winter for the most part though. I was just telling Mario last night this winter seems to be going by faster then the last. We were at the beach in shorts and tanks the week before Stella was born (end of Oct.) and it starts to warm up again in March so we don't have that much longer. I think it is also because Stella arrived at the beginning of winter and we have been so involved with getting to know her it has made time fly by. I am so excited to go to the beach again, last summer I was not into it at all, which is so unusual for me. I just wanted to stay inside in the ac.
Stella is doing new things all the time. She has a new "mad" look which is accompanied by a growl. She has the lip pout and all. You just have to laugh at her because she is not convincing whatsoever. She just this weekend started doing this weird thing with her tongue. She sticks it out and sucks on it like it is a binky and then sucks on her top lip. It's not even when she is hungry, she'll do it out of the blue. She's laughing a lot more and she will copy the face or noise that you make. The other day we stuck our tongue out at each other for like 10 minutes back and forth. Her tummy is doing much better! She isn't crying really when she eats and I think she's digesting better now. I am starting to be able to differentiate between her cries some. Just this morning Mario was making her a bottle and I looked at her and said "She's not hungry, she's tired." Sure enough within 3 min. her eyes were closed. Granted this doesn't always happen but I am getting better at reading her and juggling the time I do have when she naps. I haven't been taking quite as many pictures lately because they start to look the same unless she has a new face, has grown, or just looks especially cute! Here's a few from the last week or so...

She's a mullet baby! Her hair in the back is growing but it looks like she has a buzz cut on the top!
She is not a fan at all of tummy time. It makes her really mad. I am trying to give her a little time every day and I know they say they should have 1/2 an hour but I try to give her a few minutes here and there.

I love her little feet and toes, they are SO cute!

No comments: