Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Seattle

I don't even know where to start! I just finally uploaded our Seattle pics. It was a whirlwind of a trip but SO great! I was so happy Stella and I got to spend time with family. It still never seems to be enough time to visit long enough with everyone but at the same time exhausting not having very much down time. We got back to Florida Sat around 11 pm. We stayed in Jacksonville that night and Stella was so excited to see Daddy! In the morning we walked on the beach for a bit then got lunch before heading home. We didn't get home until Sunday around 5. Stella was so happy to be home. From the minute we walked in the door you could tell she recognized our house. I'm sure it felt good after sleeping in a pack and play in different houses. When we went up to her room she got the hugest grin on her face. Yesterday I spent all day getting the house back in shape. I actually was so excited to clean. Weird. I think I am fighting a bit of a cold now. I hit a wall this morning and am SO tired. The whole time I was in Seattle I would be so tired by 8 or 9 pm because the time difference, but now that I am back I can't sleep til after midnight. Ugh. I have so many pics it's overwhelming to upload to the blog. I think I am going to slowly upload by "event" so I'm sure there will be a ton of posts. Not sure if it will take me hours of days but I'll start plugging away today. I want to thank everyone that went out of their way to visit with us or put us up! My mom threw a birthday party for her and we had such a good time visiting with everyone all together! So I especially want to thank my mom for all she did and Carrie for hosting at her house. Not easy with a newborn! My mom also put us up for most of the trip and did a ton to make it as easy as possible to be out of our regular environment so I want to thank her for that also. Stella loved meeting her new cousin Reece, although she kept wanting to touch him and kicked her foot toward him once. Carrie and Craig are doing a great job and have eased into parenthood smoothly it seems! The cousins are getting bigger and they loved playing with Stella. Although you'll see from the pics, I think they thought she was more of a play toy. Cousin Micah LOVED putting all of his plastic tools in the back of her jeans. It was hilarious! Hope everyone is well and it sure is good to be HOME!!!

No comments: